The Pound Ridge Library has an extensive collection of parenting materials — books, CDs and DVDs — to help parents negotiate the critical years of raising children. The collection is continually updated to include the newest research on child psychology and learning disabilities.
Our monthly New Mothers Coffee offers support to new moms with talks by local pediatricians, nutritionists, dentists and even estate lawyers.
- Early Literacy Skills – Birth to Six
- Horn Book – Booklists for Readers of All Ages
- GetNetWise – Internet Safety
- Kid Safety on the Internet
Resources That Require A Library Card
- Health Tutorials – More than 300 educational videos with basic health information about illnesses or conditions, medical tests and procedures.
- Learning Express – Offers academic assistance for students in elementary school through college.
- 101 Answers: How to Get Help at School for Your Child with a Disability
- How public schools work in NYS – Information on how to enroll your children in school, get them to school, and get help to help them succeed. (PDF)
- Parenting in First Find – Look for ways to understand and help your children.
- Going to college from First Find – Information about the college process.
- Directory of Westchester Service Agencies (en Español) – Easy access to information about agencies that provide educational, social, health, economic, cultural and other services to immigrants living and working in Westchester.